For this project, you will develop a lesson
plan that integrates a software application in the teaching of subject matter.
You can choose from among the following
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
Choose an Illinois Learning Standard
Performance Descriptor (available http://www.isbe.state.il.us/ils/html/descriptors.htm).
To do this, you must narrow your focus to a particular subject and grade level.
- Write a lesson plan that uses the
software in substantive ways. Roblyer gives a lot of substantive examples
for you to modify, or you can choose your own.
Use this Word
Lesson Plan template to complete your plan.
- Also, create a sample of the kind of
student work that would be considered excellent.
Your Lesson Plan must meet the following
- Include a realistic time frame so
students can learn how to use the software as well as the subject matter.
- Use the unique capabilities of the
software to support instructional activities. This means that you can't
just replace paper and pencil with the software.
- Save instructional time and/or make
possible activities that would be otherwise impossible.
Please have your Illinois Learning Standard
performance descriptor and software selected before class on January 26th.
Completed Lesson Plans (including a sample of high quality student work) due
Roblyer provides these critiera for
evaluating technology integrated lessons:
- an outside observer sees the technology
activity as a seamless part of the lesson
- the reason for using the technology is
obvious to you, the students, and others
- the students are focusing on learning,
not the technology
- you can describe how technology is
helping a particular student
- you would have difficulty accomplishing
lesson activities if the technology weren't there
- you can explain easily and concisely
what the technology is supposed to contribute
- all students are participating with the
technology and benefiting from it
Add to Your Favorites
Home | About
Us | Services | Projects
Resources | Links | Search | Contact
ŠLT Technologies, Inc. 2005
Links verified weekly by
for the current version of the page.
Last Updated 04/18/08